Saturday, March 26, 2011

I hear the secrets that you keep...

Well, I suppose it's not anything particularly secret, but Lordy is my Peach a noisy one tonight.

"I don't want it!"
"You didn't draw [inaudible mumble]."
And the heartbreaking, "Mommy, help me!" Just for example.

Repeat, sporadically, for hours.
The worst part is, it continues despite my attempts at soothing or waking her, and while it certainly disturbs my sleep, she tends to have no recollection of the previous night's proceedings upon waking in the morning.  Classic "night terrors", or so I hear.

She'll typically have at least one brief outburst, and some nights are worse than others.  Tonight qualifies as "worse", based on duration alone.

At least she's not coughing or pukey.  Those nights are (understandably) more worrying.
The last time we endured a sick spell with Peach, Daddy took on the lead role, swooping in to care for and comfort the little patient.  Is it wrong that I went back to sleep (with the baby) once he took her out of the room, or does that serve as a vote of confidence in his ability as a caregiver and comforter?  I'm not going to say I didn't feel a twinge of guilt for staying in bed, but Daddy is definitely the rockstar parent when it comes to sick kiddos.

These nighttime habits could add an interesting element to our visit to Florida next week.  The plan is for Peach to share a room, and possibly a bed, with her pal while I bunk down the hall with Pimento and said pal's mama.
Deviation from this plan is anticipated, though I'd be okay if it went off without a hitch.

I think the leg-thrashing/sleep tantrums have subsided for the night.  Time to give *my* sleep another shot.

EDIT: Nevermind.  Now Baby Pimento is up and ready to party.

No comments:

Post a Comment