Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Culinations

Peach helped me whip up our first pumpkin pie of the season this afternoon, while Pimento supervised from her perch in the Baby Bjorn.

This was less than four hours ago, and the pie is already half gone.  I'll admit to doing the most damage, but I count pumpkin as a veggie, so it's practically health food... Right?

Inspired by our collaborative efforts, Peach invented her first original recipe.

"Whatever you make, you have to try," I sagely advised.
"No, you can just try it for me and tell me what it tastes like."

Eventually she conceded to trying it, as long as we did it at the same time.  And then the creation commenced.

She carefully mixed sugar, cinnamon, Reddi-Wip, and shredded cheddar and then lovingly pressed the mixture into a mini-muffin tin and handed it off for a round in the already-hot oven.  A few minutes later, they were brown and bubbly.

She dubbed them Daffodil Daisies. They tasted like Candied Cheese.

Little Pimento had a taste, too.  And was the only one who wanted more.

1 comment:

  1. Candied Cheese would probably go exceptionally well with Scrambled Muffins.

    ReplyDelete